QAS Aviation Academy is a subsidiary of Quantum Holdings (Pty) Ltd which was established in 1997. This subsidiary provides Aviation Training Services and imparts Aviation related Skills and Knowledge to the People of Africa and the Global Aviation Industry.
Through our committed and professional training approach towards Safety and Service Excellence, we will be recognized as the Leaders in Aviation Services.
QAS will ensure the delivery of exceptional aviation services and training to the South African market as well as extending our services within SADC and Global Markets.
The mission of the Academy is to add value to the people of this generation and those that follow in the Aviation Industry. Supply and place professionally trained and highly skilled individuals.
Our candidates will, With Pride and Success, equal if not better worldwide competitors
Our people are our source of strength.
The continuous availability and development of well trained, high performance and motivated people at all levels throughout the company is crucial to the continuous health of QUANTUM.
Licenses & Previous Accreditation's
- South African Civil Aviation Authority – No. SACAA/1028/ATO
- Dangerous Goods Training Approval – No. CAA/DG/0032
- Aviation Medicine Training Approval – No. CAA/AVMED/ATO0098
- ICAO Aviation English Language Proficiency Testing Accreditation
- INAVIC – Angola Civil Aviation Validation
- ZCAA License – Zambian Civil Aviation Authority
- RCAA License – Rwanda Civil Aviation Authority
- Registered at the Department of Manpower – No. 2509
- Department of Labour – National Skills Fund Provider ID:668
- TETA Accreditation
- TETA Seta – AO-SGB-Cabin Crew Workgroup Leader
- TETA Seta – AO-SGB – Chairperson
- SAQA registered consultant and service provider
QAS Aviation Academy;
- Successfully operating its business since November 1997. THE FIRST IN AFRICA.
- Is in compliance with BEE requirements and qualifies QAS as an Exempt Micro-Enterprise and a level 4 contributor to B-BBEE.
- Operating under SA Civil Aviation Authority Part 141 license number SACAA/1028/ATO
- Is certified to conduct ICAO Aviation English Language Proficiency Testing (AELP) by the SA Civil Aviation Authority
- Instructors hold SACAA Avmed and SEPT Designated Examiner status
- All manuals used by the Academy are aligned to Unit Standards, SAQA and operates within the National Qualification Framework (NQF).
- Imparts knowledge and skills to all Individuals to the highest level of accredited standards, with a primary focus on Passenger and Aircraft Safety and Self Relationship Management
- Maintain and support all Human Resources practices in line with the Constitution, Labour Relations Act of 1996, Equity Bill and the Skills Development Acts